Entries will be accepted beginning Nov. 21 and ending Feb. 1, 2017. The early-bird deadline is Monday, Jan. 9.
Religion News Association's annual contests showcase religion journalism excellence in the news media, with more than $10,000 in
Award guidelines, eligibility requirements, entry fees and entry forms are available via the category links below. Entrants need not be RNA members, but joining RNA can save up to $75 on entry fees and simplify the entry process.
The entry form is accessible on each award page, listed below.
>> CONTEST FAQs
Click an underlined category heading below for rules, deadlines and to enter.
>> Multiple Media
- Religion reporting, small newspapers (weekday circ. < 50,000 // Cassels Award)
- Religion reporting, mid-size newspapers (weekday circ. 50,000–150,000 // Cornell Award)
- Religion reporting, metropolitan newspapers (weekday circ. 150,001–300,000)
- Religion reporting, large newspapers & wire services (weekday circ. 300,001+)
- Feature writing (Supple Award)
- Enterprise, series and serials (Renner Award)
- News analysis
- Short video
- Online religion sections (Schachern Award)
- Magazine news reporting
- Magazine overall excellence
- Television news magazine
- Television local news
- Television national network/cable news
- Student religion reporting (Chandler Award) — This award has a different deadline (May 1) and entry form. Entries for the Chandler Award will open by March 2017.
Direct all questions to Tiffany McCallen, 740-263-7875.