Enter today: 2016 RNA Awards for Religion Reporting Excellence
Thursday, December 10, 2015
More than $10,000 in prizes will be awarded among 20 contest categories
COLUMBIA, MO. — Submit your best work in faith and values coverage for the 2016 RNA Awards for Religion Reporting Excellence. Religion Newswriters Association will award more than $10,000 among 20 contests for newspapers, broadcast media, online media, magazines, students and books.
– Television news magazine
– Television local news
– Television national network/cable news
– Radio or podcast
– Small newspapers—weekday circ. 50,000 or less (Cassels Award)
– Mid-size newspapers—weekday circ. between 50,001–150,000 (Cornell Award)
– Metropolitan newspapers—weekday circ. between 150,001–300,000
– Large newspapers & wire services—weekday circ. 300,001+
– Feature writing (Supple Award)
– Enterprise, series and serials (Renner Award)
– News analysis
– Short video
– Online religion sections (Schachern Award)
– Photography — single image (NEW!)
– Photography — galleries (NEW!)
– Magazine news reporting
– Magazine overall excellence
– Nonfiction book in religion
– Student religion reporting (Chandler Award — contest opens in spring 2016, with a deadline of May 2, 2016)
ENTRY, PRIZES & DEADLINES
How to submit entries: Enter at www.RNA.org/contests
Early-bird entry fees range from $25 to $90 per award (early-bird rates valid through Jan. 15, 2016). RNA members receive steeply discounted entry fees, but individuals need not be members to enter.
Prizes: 1st place $250 & citation, 2nd place $150 & citation, 3rd place $100 & citation
Deadline: 5 p.m. EST on Feb. 1, 2016.
Religion Newswriters is the world’s only journalism association for people who write about religion in the news media. We offer training and tools to help journalists cover religion with balance, accuracy and insight. Visit RNA.org to learn more about story ideas, our religion stylebook and primer, the RNA Annual Conference and more.