Religion Newswriters Association is the only group of its kind. Although RNA is 65 years old, it has never
had chapters at the nation’s college campuses, until now.
RNA is hoping to continue the expansion of student chapters throughout the country and eventually across the globe. RNA will help mentor you and make sure you’re
gleaning everything possible from the professionals who work at media
outlets around the world. Help make it possible to continue covering religion with balance, accuracy and insight by establishing a student chapter today.
first student chapter, established in 2013, located at the University of Missouri in Columbia
RNA’s second student chapter, established in 2014, located at Ohio University in Athens.
- Read the benefits of establishing a student chapter.
- Read the Mizzou RNA and OU RNA constitutions to understand the general mission and bylaws to help draft a new chapter constitution.
- Check with your campus organization resource group to learn the procedure and requirements of establishing an official student group.
- Contact us to begin the process of establishing through RNA.
- Complimentary RNA Active Student Memberships
- Network with our community of more than 300 cooperative and supportive religion reporters and editors
- Receive E-Newsletters and resources that will help you learn to cover religion with balance, accuracy and insight
- Opportunities to attend the Annual RNA Conference where you can sharpen your skills and build your sources list
- Make yourself, campus and community more aware of religious diversity and news by hosting symposiums and other events to encourage religion news coverage
Chief Operations Officer